Sunday, July 31, 2011

24th of July Parade

Our ward was assigned to do a float in the 24th of July parade this year, and Jake and I were asked to help out. Jake was asked to be Captain Moroni on the float. So the night before the parade we went and helped to put together the float. I had to sew the red tunic (sounds manlier than dress) that Jake wore under his armor. We also did the lettering that was on the side of the float. Tean was having a good time standing on the float and wearing daddy's hat. During the parade, Tean was too busy picking up candy when the float went by. Jake kept yelling and trying to get Tean's attention, but all Tean did was look up, see Jake and say, "Oh, Daddy!" and then went back to picking up candy. Tean had a great time at the parade and I thought our float looked great! Unfortunately, I was too busy dealing with Tean and trying to get him to look at his Daddy that I didn't get a good picture of the whole float.

No comments: