Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tean's new bed and room

Last year our dishwasher flooded, so it caused a little bit of water damage into one of the down stairs bedrooms. Since we had to paint it anyway, we decided to make this room Tean's new room for his new big boy bed. Jake made these awesome bunk beds for Tean to use when we moved him to a big boy bed. Don't they look cool? I think he did a great job. We got the drawers for free last year at a garage sale, so we made the bed to fit the drawers, and it looks awesome! I made some quilts for the bed and painted the room and bunk beds and put in the dresser that I refinished a while ago and I think it looks great! Tean loves his new room too. The first night that we had the bunk beds set up he wanted to sleep in them. I wasn't quite sure I was ready for him to sleep in them, but he really wanted to, so we let him. He did awesome! He'll even take naps in his bed and wait until I come in and get him in the mornings and for his naps before he gets off the bed. One day I was sewing in the room next door, and I could hear him awake from his nap playing, when he said, "Mom, I don't want to be on my bed anymore!" He fell off the bed once in the middle of the night (His legs got caught up in the blanket so he was hanging upside down), but normally he does great! My little boy isn't very little anymore :( Now if only he would potty train. . .

1 comment:

Joseph & Julie said...

The room looks really, really nice. Kudos to both of you for all of your hard work. WOW.