Wednesday, May 7, 2008

We Made It!

We left Monday afternoon to move to California. We got about 5 miles on the freeway, and our red car overheated. We have a slight leak in the radiator and we usually add water to it every once in a while. Earlier that day I had the oil changed and we thought that they checked the radiator fluid and added to it. Well, it turns out they must not have, so we added what little water we had to the radiator, and at the next exit, we went to a farm house and was able to add more water and cool the car down. We didn't have any more problems with the car after that. We stayed the night in Reno and got to Dublin, California yesterday afternoon. Our apartments are pretty nice. We got a two bedroom for some reason, so if anyone wants to come visit us, we have plenty of room. We wouldn't have to crowd too much. They made a mistake with our furniture, so we only have twin beds in our apartment, but that should be fixed soon. We like our apartments. Jake's first day of selling is today, so hopefully he has lots of success! The Waterford - Where we are living

3 comments:

Puerto Rican Gringa said...

Sorry it was a crazy trip! But at least you made it! Have fun while your there and were excited to see you at the campout!

Lance & Milisa said...

WOW...good luck in Cali! I hope Jake has lots of success!

Marlaina said...

I can't wait to visit in June! Is there an airport close by where you live? Right now I am planning on flying in to Sacramento, but my program manager said I could fly in somewhere else if you could drive me back to my hotel.