Friday, January 23, 2009

More Waiting. . .

Tomorrow is my due date, and the baby still isn't here. Doesn't he know that I'm ready for him to be here. At my doctor's appointment I was dialated to a 2, so at least I'm progressing a little. I'm hoping the baby will come this weekend, but just because I'm hoping that the baby probably won't come for another week. Last night I was really uncomfortable while sleeping, so I thought, "Since I am so uncomfortable my baby will come for sure tonight." WRONG. Just because you are uncomfortable doesn't mean the baby will come. I substituted these past 3 days and when people found out when I was due, they thought I was crazy to be working, but if I'm not having the baby I might as well work to get some extra money. I've been having Braxton Hick's contractions but nothing else. I didn't realize when my stomach tightened it was a Braxton Hicks contraction because it didn't hurt, but then people have told me that is what that is. Maybe my other contractions won't hurt either? That's wishful thinking. I'm planning on having this baby naturally using the Bradley method. I think I'm all ready for the birth, now our baby needs to get ready!

2 comments:

Julie Anne said...

I got so excited when I saw that you posted! I thought you'd had him! I'm sorry! He'll come!

Marlaina said...

So, I hear you went into labor???? Good luck! I hope it's for real and that the baby comes quickly! Good luck going natural!