Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Refinishing a dresser

I have a dresser that I got from D.I. when I first moved to Pocatello. When I first got it I planned on painting it, but I never got around to it. I finally did it. I sanded down the dresser, just enough to get it roughed up a bit. Then I painted the dresser and the drawers. I was going to buy new handles for the dresser, but they were a lot of money. Then I was talking to Jake and him or me (not sure which) came up with the great idea of spray painting them. So I bought a can of spray paint (a ton cheaper than new handles), spray painted them, and now they look as good as new. I love the dresser now. This will go in the room that we will eventually put Tean in. I am slowly redecorating the room, and this piece is a great addition.

4 comments:

Julie Anne said...

It looks really good!! You have so much talent!

Daren Moon said...

We have a dresser just like that...got it at the same place. Your paint job looks great!

Marlaina said...

Wow! You did a great job! I have a dresser that needs to be re-done too. Maybe we can do it when you come visit next month:)

Sweat and Tell said...

This looks SO good! I am totally obsessed with spray painting things. So cheap. Way to go Milin!