Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Painting the Piano

Four years ago for Christmas, Jake bought me a piano. It was very used. It was missing a leg and the bottom board that covered the piano parts at the bottom of the piano. It was dirty, but it sounded pretty good, so we got it with the intention of redoing it. Well, we finally did! I wish I had pictures of before, but I can't seem to find any on this computer. We replaced both legs so that they looked alike and got a board to fit into the bottom piece. Then Jake sanded off all the varnish that was still on the piano. And then it sat for a while. Then we bought a better sander that worked a lot better, so Jake was able to finish sanding everything without a lot of effort. Jake took the piano apart, and then we started painting after we picked a color. We used this paint: I love the piano now. I think it looks great! It needs a little bit of touch up still, but I'm loving at how it looks! It's a HUGE improvement from before.

1 comment:

Chris and Kelli Ann said...

Super cute piano! I love the color. I always wish I would have learned how to play.