Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Moon Family Christmas Party

The Saturday after Christmas, we had the Moon Family Christmas party.  I was in charge of it.  Jake and I decided to do a dinner and serve the kinds of food that Mary and Joseph would have eaten.  I assigned each family a part of the nativity to talk about or a musical number.  We started off by talking about Mary and Joseph and then we ate.  We had salmon, rice, pita bread, hummus, fruit, nuts and sparkling grape juice.

After we ate, we finished up the nativity with people talking about all the other parts.  I forgot about taking pictures until the end, so I don't have a lot of anything.
 I thought it went fairly well, even though I don't think too many were fans of the food, but I felt the spirit as we reflected about the birth of Christ and celebrated His birth.

 It was great to see most of the family.  Everyone was able to be there except Mom and Dad, and Sheldon and Stacy.


No comments: