Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Cozumel, Mexico

In Cozumel, Mexico, we decided to go horseback riding.  We were going to go swimming with the dolphins, but it was a lot of money for about 20 minutes of swimming with them.  This is the place where we went to ride horses.  It had been raining a lot so their were parts that were flooded.
 We waited for them to get all the horses together.  I felt bad for some of the horses.  You could see their hip bones and they looked so thin and hungry.
 My horse's name was Princess.
 They put Jake on the healthiest looking horse.
 We took a horse ride to some Mayan ruins that were on the island.  Part of the time we were on the road.
 We got to go through the jungle part of the way.  That was pretty cool.  When we were in the middle of the jungle it started pouring rain.  It was almost like buckets of water were being poured on our heads.  As we were going through the jungle, there was a branch that I had to duck under.  I ducked, but not enough and my hair got caught in the branch.  My horse kept going, but I didn't.  Luckily my horse stopped a bit, but it hurt a lot.  I finally got the branch pulled off the tree and then out of my hair and my horse just kept on going.  I had a gash in my head and was bleeding a bit from that.
 When we got to the ruins and the church that was by the ruins, it had mostly stopped raining.  We were soaked.
 This is the rock that was the Mayan ruins.  I think they said it was to the fertility god.
 After riding horses, we went to the beach to snorkel.  It was raining off and on, but it was still a lot of fun.
 We saw a lot of cool fish while snorkeling, and we didn't even have to swim through a ton of garbage like we did in Honduras.
 We had an awesome time in Cozumel, despite the rain.

No comments: