Sunday, November 4, 2007

BYU Football and such

Jake and I have season tickets to the BYU games, so we go down each homegame with Jake's parents and his brother. It's exciting to go down and watch the cougars play live. We also don't have to worry about not being able to watch the game because it's on the Mountain. Yesterday we went down for the Colorado State game. It was pretty much a beat down, with BYU winning 35-16. We had to leave Poky at 7 in the morning to beat traffic and make it to the game at noon. After the game we had to pick up Jake's mom's dog at his grandma's house and then we headed home. We stopped in Bountiful to eat at Chipotle's which is kind of funny because we were going to eat some where else, and we were talking about Chipotles and how we should have one up here, and then we drove by one, so we stopped and ate there. We arrived home at around 9 at night, making it a long day. I'll have to get pictures of the game against Eastern Washington and post them. Next game, Thursday November 8 against TCU.

On Halloween I had a work meeting in the morning and we were supposed to dress up. I dressed up as a dragon fly. I bought a fly from fly fishing and tied it on a string and had the string dragging behind me for a draggin' fly (dragon fly!). I thought it was pretty good. I got nominated for most creative costume, but I didn't win. A girl won who dressed up as Miss Snack. I was obviously better than that. We didn't have a whole lot of trick-or-treaters come to our house, but we were ready with some really good candy for those who did come.
On Friday Jake and I went to Red Lobster for their all you can eat shrimp. Jake ate about 175 shrimp and took about another 25 home with him. They brought out 18 different plates of shrimp for him! I didn't go crazy like that with the shrimp because I don't like it, but I had spicy catfish that was really good.

1 comment:

Lance & Milisa said...

I like what you did...:)