Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Water Bed Sensory Fun

So earlier this summer I saw this on Pinterest and I thought it would be pretty cool to do.  So we bought the stuff for it and then my friend came over to help me put it together.  It took a while to put together.  We ended up putting it in my neighbor's front yard so that it would be in the shade because it was so hot!
When we started filling it up, it started to roll.  We had rolled the edges and taped them but the inside layers ended up coming apart when we filled it up because all the layers weren't taped down.  So that made it so water went in all the layers so it wasn't as sturdy as it could have been.
 There are a few things I would change when I do it again.  Even with the problems, the kids had a great time.  We invited over lots of friends to play around.
 The kids were hesitant at first to get on it, but soon loved it.  When it got a hole in it they liked it even more and tried to put stuff in the middle.
 I don't know if it was worth all the work it took to do it because it only lasted about 1 1/2 hours before all the water was out, but I guess if the kids had fun playing on it, it must have been worth it.

No comments: