Friday, June 28, 2013

Girl's Camp

I was recently put in as Beehive adviser, just in time for girls camp!  I loved girl's camp when I was younger, so I was glad I was able to go for part of it.  I got to go for two days up to camp last week.  Jake was out of town that week, so Jake's mom was great and watched the kids for those two days.

I rode up on Wednesday afternoon with another leader.  We got up there in time to help with the service project they were doing.
 They made these owls for kids in hospitals.  They turned out really cute!  The days that I was up there were really cold!  I'm glad I brought stuff for cold weather.  The first night up their our ward did their skit.  It turned out great.  The theme of camp was "Women of Great Courage and Faith."  Each ward chose a woman in history that had great courage and faith.  Our ward chose Eve.  They were able to make it funny and spiritual.
 My last day there a lot of the girls spent some time in the canoes.

The last night there the rest of the wards did their skits and then we had a testimony meeting around the fire.  It was a great testimony meeting.  The spirit was very strong.  Our ward has great girls in it.  Everyone was friendly to everyone.  There were two non-members that came up too and all the girls befriended them as well.  I'm lucky to be teaching such wonderful girls.  The testimony meeting got over at midnight, and then we headed home a little after that.  We got home just after 2 in the morning.  After saying bye to my mother-in-law and showering, Jake got home from his trip around 3, so I didn't get to bed until just after 3.  And I was so lucky Ziah decided to wake up about 6 the next morning.  So I had a little less than 3 hours of sleep.  Luckily Ziah was fine with just rocking and eventually went to sleep for a little longer.  I had such a great time at girls camp and it was great to get to know the girls a little more.

No comments: